Yesterday was a stressful day for me. It is the beginning of a new school year and during this time I am being crushed with upcoming assignments and desperately seeking a site for my internship in the spring. By the time I had gotten home from work, I was overwhelmed and exhausted. Honestly, I needed something to cheer me up. I needed something to add a little sparkle to my day.
Well, I received just that! Faithfull Momma had nominated me, along with two other bloggers, for the Sunshine Blogger Award. At first glance, I was unsure of what this was. I have only been blogging for three months now, which means that I am unfamiliar with any blogger awards that exist. After I realized that I, someone who was completely unknown up until a few weeks ago, had been nominated for this award… well, I was on cloud nine. After my overwhelming day, that was just the pick-me-up that I needed!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is presented to bloggers who shine a light on their readers’ day. It was created to award bloggers who add positivity and life to a world that can be bleak sometimes. It was created to uplift those who spend their time writing words to uplift others.
I would like to personally thank Faithfull Momma for the nomination! As I mentioned, I am new to the blogging community and feel much honored to have been included in this.
Bloggers who have been nominated must answer 11 questions. The 11 questions that I must answer are as follows:
- What is your favorite activity at church? I love the small groups that my church provides. Each season, new groups are created, and old groups remain. Church members can change groups, start a group, or stay with their current group. I think it’s a wonderful way to find community in Christ, who can help you grow in your faith. I have never led a group, but I have loved being a group member.
- What is your favorite and most touching experience you have ever had with Jesus? This question really requires a lot of thought. I think the most touching moment I had with Jesus was during my baptism. I know that may sound generic, but it’s true! In that moment, I completely surrendered my life over to Him. It was the most pure and amazing moment of my life.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? Bora, Bora, for sure! I’ve always wanted to stay in one of those houses on the water and just dive in headfirst each morning.
- You can have anything in the world to eat, what is it? Now this is a tough one… I would probably choose a steak from the most expensive steakhouse in America (disclosure: I’m not sure what restaurant that would be).
- What verse(s) of scripture best describe you? I don’t think this verse describes me, but it has been averse that has struck me since I can began to truly pursue my faith in Christ. Matthew 28:20 reads, “I am with you always, even until the end of the age.” It is such a comforting verse of scripture.
- What is your personal ministry? For years, I believed in Jesus, but I didn’t follow Jesus. During my senior year in college, I found a friend who was dedicated to follow Jesus and we began attending church regularly. Since then, I have found myself working at that church as a Lay Counselor and on the Guest Experience Team. Through both of these activities, I have been able to reach the people around me and have more meaningful interactions with those who are also after God’s heart.
- What was the main reason for starting your blog? I have always journaled, and I thought I had some good things to say that could be beneficial to the world. I wanted to create a way to lift others up around me and to shine a light in a world that can be so dark sometimes.
- Has your blog changed from what you originally intended it to be? As I previously mentioned, I have just recently become a blogger. Since I’m new to blogging, it hasn’t had enough time to change.
- How has blogging changed your life? Blogging has helped me realize a lot of things, both personal and relationship-wise. Honestly, it has simply helped me realize a lot about myself. A lot of the things I write as advice for my readers, is also advice for me. I’m not perfect.I need to learn how to take my own advice sometimes.
- What is your favorite activity to do as a family? I am not married, nor do I have children. However, with my parents and sister, I enjoy cooking out at home! Nothing can quite compare to good food and family.
The fellow bloggers that I would love to nominate for the Sunshine Blogger Award include:
- Child Like Faith
- The Flourishing Fig
- Jesus, Coffee, and Life
- The Lioness Mom
- She is Dignified
- Carina Cyril
- Joy in the Journey
- Basil on the Rocks
- Live Simply Love Well
- Jonni Nicole Parsons
- Grace X Strength
Once again, I would like to say thank you to Faithfull Momma for nominating me for this award. I hope that you all will read a little from her and the nominees I have tagged in this post! And as always, leave a comment if you’d like to chat further.
Rules for the award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate (at least) 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
New questions for nominees:
- What is your favorite memory?
- Why did you begin your blog?
- How has blogging changed your life?
- How did you choose what you wanted to blog about?
- What is your favorite thing to do (aside from blogging)?
- Do you have any pets (I have a dog and I love hearing about other pets)?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- If you could have any career, what would it be?
- If given the opportunity, would you go back to the past?
- Who is the most inspiring person in your life?
- What is one piece of advice that you would offer a new blogger?